Table of Contents
As we usher in 2024, Atlassian announces pivotal updates to the pricing of its Data Center products. Effective February 15, 2024, PT, the list prices for Jira Software, Confluence, and Jira Service Management will be updated.
This adjustment impacts new purchases, renewals, and upgrades. However, any quotes generated before this date will retain the old pricing until they expire.
Whether you’re planning a new purchase, eyeing an upgrade, or approaching a renewal, understanding these changes is crucial for making informed decisions that align with your organization’s goals and budget.
Join me as we unravel the details of Atlassian’s latest move, ensuring you’re equipped with the knowledge to turn these changes into opportunities for growth and efficiency in your enterprise.
Details of the Atlassian Data Center 2024 Pricing Increase:
The new pricing kicks in at your next renewal after February 15, 2024. It’s crucial to plan your budget accordingly.
Platforms affected by this price change:
- Jira Software Data Center
- Jira Service Management Data Center
- Confluence Data Center
Data Center products will increase their pricing by an average of 5‑15%. Your new list price will change depending on your user tier.
Marketplace Partner App Prices:
Note that this price change doesn’t affect Marketplace apps. Third-party developers set their pricing, which may vary.
Reasons for the Price Increase:
This change is part of Atlassian’s ongoing effort to enhance the Data Center, focusing on performance, security, and productivity improvements. It reflects their investment in making the platform more robust and scalable.
Options Moving Forward:
You have several choices – renewing your Data Center subscription, exploring Cloud migration, or opting for a multi-year contract to lock in current rates. You can renew for 2-3 years and get the current price.
Calculating Your Updated Price:
Step 1: Access Your Atlassian Account
- Navigate to my.atlassian.com: Open your web browser and go to my.atlassian.com. This is Atlassian’s central hub for managing your accounts and licenses.
- Log In: Use your Atlassian account credentials to log in. If you don’t have an account, you may need to create one using the email address associated with your organization’s Atlassian purchases.
Step 2: Locate Your Current Data Center Invoice
- Go to the Orders Section: Once logged in, locate and click on the ‘Orders’ tab in the top navigation bar. This section contains a record of all your past orders and invoices.
- Find Your Data Center Invoice: Within the Orders section, select ‘Invoices’. Here, you’ll find a list of all paid invoices for your Atlassian products. Look for the most recent invoice related to your Data Center subscription (Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Management).
- Review Invoice Details: Download and open the PDF of your latest Data Center invoice. On the details page, you’ll find the pricing for your current user tier and product.
Step 3: Compare with New Pricing
- Access New Pricing Tables: Atlassian will have updated pricing tables available on their website, typically in a dedicated section related to the Data Center. These tables will list prices based on user tiers for each product.
- Find Your User Tier: Identify your user tier in the new pricing tables. User tiers are usually based on the number of users licensed to use the product.
- Compare Prices: Take note of the price listed for your specific user tier in the new pricing tables. Compare this with the price on your current invoice to understand the difference.
- Plan Ahead: With the price change on the horizon, it’s essential to evaluate your current usage and future needs. Consider whether staying on Data Center, migrating to the Cloud, or locking in a multi-year contract makes the most sense for your organization.
- Explore Cloud Benefits: If you haven’t already, now is a great time to explore the benefits of Atlassian’s Cloud offerings. The free migration trial is an excellent opportunity to test the waters without commitment.
- Stay Informed: Keep an eye on Atlassian’s Data Center Roadmap to stay updated on upcoming features and enhancements. This will help you make informed decisions about your subscriptions and usage.
- Contact Support: Don’t hesitate to reach out to Atlassian’s support team for personalized advice tailored to your organization’s unique circumstances.
Remember, these changes are part of Atlassian’s commitment to delivering a more powerful, secure, and efficient experience for their users. As an expert in this field, I recommend keeping abreast of these updates and planning strategically to make the most of your Atlassian products.